Friday, March 28, 2014

What's Goin' On?


Yes, I've totally been a slacker lately, but for good reason...

While my Fall 2013 MBA classes were a breeze, Winter 2014 has been a bear. Third trimester of pregnancy, two children, school and a host of other things has meant my poor blog has suffered.

I have kept up my schedule for WDW Fan Zone, which is helpful because it keeps me from not being so disconnected from the Disney fan community while I get through this semester. I've also been a co-host for WDW Fan Zone's Midnight Magic BlogCast every Friday night at midnight (or Saturday morning if you're being picky.) It's been hard to stay awake, but has been worth it every week. Stuart, Jeanie, Kurt and I have lots of fun discussing various Disney related topics.

Kathy Kelly and I chatted for a bit on her Special Mouse Podcast, about crunchy parenting at the parks, including packing, breastfeeding and cloth diapering. Kathy is awesome! We could have easily talked for much longer than we did.

As always, links to posts on other pages, podcasts, and other information are readily available on my Facebook page. Stop by and click "Like" for me, OK? There's still a $5 Amazon Gift Card up for grabs to the 100th person who likes the page.

What's coming up?

Flint's Largest Mom 2 Mom Sale, Imagine a hockey arena with the playing floor covered in tables of gently used children's clothing and baby gear. This happens in the spring and fall of every year. I've already purchased my early bird tickets and have recruited reinforcements to help me get my shopping done faster and cover more area since I'm a bit slow these days. There may be locations near you!

Great Cloth Diaper Change, Find a location near you and join me in the Great Cloth Diaper Change, Guinness World Record Diaper Changing Event. At 11:00 am EST, we'll attempt to beat last year's world record which was 8,301 cloth diapers changed at one time at 182 qualifying locations in 15 countries: Australia, Belgium, Canada, Switzerland, Chile, Germany, Spain, Finland, Great Britain, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Malaysia, Netherlands, United States!

I just realized my Crunchy Disney Ma t-shirts probably won't fit around my baby bump...do I have time to order or do I just steal hubby's?

Gearapalooza, Gearapalooza is the "ultimate baby gear and registry event for new parents! Featuring, Jamie Grayson, "The Baby Guy." It's a bit of a drive for us, but "she who is still unnamed" and I will be making the trek, to go and learn as much as possible about the newest options in baby gear for all parents, including those of us who consider ourselves crunchy. I hear the swag bags are worth the price of admission.

As soon as I am able, training will begin for The Bruckelaufe Half Marathon in Frankenmuth, Michigan which crosses 13 bridges in its 13.1 miles. Don't ask me to pronounce it, just know I'm running it along with a few local friends of mine. I hear the course is absolutely breathtaking; it'll be hard to not run with my Canon, but expect tweets and Instagram photos from the course.

In November, I'm headed back to Disney World and Disneyland in expectation of getting Coast to Coast medals for completing the Wine and Dine Half Marathon as well as the inaugural Avengers Half Marathon, within two weeks of each other! I wonder how many others are crazy enough to attempt this? There should be a medal just for going to both US parks within 7 days.

Stay crunchy, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment