Monday, October 15, 2012

15 Things I STILL Haven't Done at Disney World


Our family is exactly fifteen days away from our next Walt Disney World vacation.  Although we’ve gone at least once a year for the past twelve years, there are still a few things that I haven’t experienced that I’d like to try and squeeze in this year.  In no particular order…

Country Bear Jamboree
Honestly, I hated the movie, but something about knowing that Walt Disney himself was pleased with the original sketches has me thinking that I’d like to see this…at least once.

Voyage of the Little Mermaid
My husband swears we've seen this, but I don’t remember it.

Water Parks
Hubby doesn't like water parks, so we've never been to Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon.  It is doubtful that we’ll get to them this trip, but it’s still nice to have on my list of things to do.

School Bread
At Epcot, over in Norway, I hear tales of a marvelous treat known as “school bread.”  There are very few delicacies that I have yet to try and somehow feel that I’m not a true park fan until I eat this and the next item….

Tonga Toast
Famed banana stuffed French toast breakfast served at Ohana’s at the Polynesian.  I don’t like French toast or bananas, so truthfully I've just avoided Tonga Toast. 

Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party
At nearly $70 per ticket, this had better be one awesome Halloween party.  CJ is super excited about this one.  She painstakingly mulled over the merits of each costume option at the store before choosing Belle.  Ava’s going as Tinkerbell.  We may have a problem with the wings sticking out of our Moby wrap.

Food & Wine Festival
I cannot believe I haven’t gone to Epcot during this festival.  Outside of Disney vacations, there’s almost nothing I speak more of than food and wine.  I am so ashamed.

Agent P’s World Showcase Adventure
We loved Kim Possible’s World Showcase Adventure and hear that Agent P’s is better.  I may be much too full from the Food & Wine Festival to get through all of this, but we are sure going to try.

Tom Sawyer Island
The last few trips we've tried to do this, but I swear, we can’t find it.  I can’t find my way out of a paper bag without GPS.  I’m hoping a couple of the new Android apps I’ve downloaded will help guide us there.

Liberty Square Riverboat
I’ve seen this, taken lots of photos, but have never actually climbed on board.

Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom
Never even heard of this before today, but I forwarded a description to my husband and he’s excited about it. 

Myuki’s Candy Art
I have seen many pictures and heard tales told of Myuki, located in Japan at Epcot. I don’t even think I’d be able to eat it if I was lucky enough to behold her magical creations.

Karamell-Kuche
While eating my way around Epcot, I've made myself a note to stop in Germany to taste the Karamell-Kuche.  At $4 for one piece of candy, I've got high hopes.  I also hope that I don’t end up craving this weeks after I've gone home.

Resort Pools
Swimsuits are always packed, but for some reason, probably for the same reason we haven’t done water parks, we never make it to our resort’s pool.  I hear the one at Port Orleans Riverside is not to be missed, since that’s where we’ll be, I’m getting in…even if that means I do it alone.

Afternoon naps
We just can’t do it. No matter how hard we try, we are always too excited to be at Disney World to even dream of taking naps during the day.  We end up watching the programs on television, chronicling all the stuff at the parks we are missing while we relax in our resort room, then we pack up and leave again.

How many of these are you missing?  Have you done any and have tips for me?  I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment