Monday, October 1, 2012

Epcot's 30!


The first time I stepped into Epcot, I didn’t know what to expect; this was a time before you could find out everything you wanted to know about anything online.  What is this giant sphere going to hold that’s so entertaining was my thought.  Many visits later, Epcot is my favorite Disney park.  Everything about it appeals to me.  It’s more than just Spaceship Earth.  I love food; Epcot is well known for having awesome restaurants.    I love to travel; where else can you span the globe in a matter of minutes?  I love learning about technology and innovative ways to save the planet.  I love a good thrill ride.  While I will not be at Epcot on its thirtieth anniversary, I will be there thirty days from now.  In no particular order, here is a list of thirty reasons why Epcot is my favorite park.
  1. Universe of Energy
  2. Test Track
  3. Cheddar Cheese Soup
  4. Food and Wine Festival
  5. “Mine!  Mine!  Mine!”
  6. Twinkling sidewalks
  7. Butterfly garden
  8. Insisting Disney newbies have a taste of Beverly at Club Cool
  9. Perry the Platypus
  10. Japanese Candy Artist
  11. Illuminations
  12. The smell of the orange trees in “Soarin’”
  13. President Barack Obama
  14. Water Fountains
  15. Flower and Garden Festival
  16. Spaceship Earth
  17. Mission SPACE
  18. Turtle Talk with Crush
  19. Vegetables that “earn their ears”
  20. Seeing the monorail glide through the park
  21. Captain EO
  22. Grand Mariner Slush
  23. Figment
  24. Innoventions
  25. Maelstrom
  26. Model Railway Village
  27. O Canada
  28. Princess Storybook Breakfast
  29. Drinking around the world
  30. Taiko drummers

What did I miss? Let me know what some of your favorites are, and I’ll be certain to check them out (if I haven’t already) in thirty days!


No comments:

Post a Comment