I packed enough diapers for two days (18 diapers). My precious stash was stowed in our carry on luggage, just in case we ran into problems with Magical Express or on the plane. Nothing worse than being stuck somewhere without clean diapers! Also packed were two medium wet bags, Eco Nuts, and disposable wipes.
We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside. I requested a room near the laundry facilities, and we ended up just one building over from where they were located. Usually, laundry is located near the swimming pools. Signage to the pools is more plentiful than signage pointing to laundry, so that's what I typically look for. You must have a Key To the World Card to access laundry.
In thirty minutes, everything was not completely dry, but I was not chancing a second dryer cycle. Truth is, I was ready to head to the parks and did not want to walk all the way back to the General Store, to get change for a $20, to put dollar bills in the change machine in the laundry room and wait nervously outside again.
- Keep count of how many diapers you have with you, so you don't leave any behind.
- Bring more than one wetbag. We left one in the room and emptied the dirty diapers into it, taking the empty bag back with us to the park.
- Even if you don't normally use liners, bring them with you on vacation. No rinse cycle on the washers means an extra $2 for an entire cycle to get poop off. You can just flush the poop with the liner after you change baby.
- Don't bring more than you need. Diaper bags get real heavy, real quick.
- Laundry facilities are open 24 hours. Use them on off hours. This one was surprisingly busy during early morning hours.
If you are already cloth diapering at home, there is no reason why you shouldn't do it on vacation. Would we cloth diaper at Disney again? Of course! It gets easier and easier each time we do it. My washing and drying time gave me some much needed "Mommy Time" with the nice stroll and snack. Washing before 7:00 am, is definitely my preference. I can't wait to go again next summer, and pair a cute, fluffy booty with some great Disney shirt, baby legs & mouse ears. I'd love to see some of your diaper clad dearies at the parks, or read some of your vacation washing tips and share other readers.
Stay crunchy, friends!